I have another MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil dupe to share with you! The next shade up on the dupe list is “Whirl”, a dirty rose hue. After comparing several swatches, I have found a list of alternative shades for the popular lip pencil. Let’s begin the dupes!
Whirl: C10-18 Triglycerides, Talc, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.
- There are a few NYX lipliners similar to ‘Whirl’, but I found ‘Mauve’ to be the closest. Here are the details surrounding the two liners: MAC ‘Whirl’ lipliner. $16 (USD) Described by MAC as a “dirty rose” Available at ULTA; NYX ‘Mauve’ lipliner. $3.50 (USD) Conveniently described as a “mauve” Available at ULTA and WALGREENS.
- Part 2 for More lip liners:for the look I'm wearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyWmsqr2Qo&list=UU.
- Compare with similar items. This item MAC Other - Lip Pencil - Whirl 1.45g/0.05oz by MAC. M.A.C Lip Pencil, Soar, 5g (MACM38059) MAC Lip Pencil Liner Shade Spice (Pink Cinnamon Stick).05 Ounce. HAUS LABORATORIES By Lady Gaga: RIP LIP LINER Demi-Matte Water-Resistant Lip Liner Pencil Available in 16 Colors, Precise & Long Lasting Lip Liner or Lipstick Finish, Vegan & Cruelty-Free.
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil “Liar” ($20)
Buy at AMAZON or SEPHORA.
2. ColourPop Lippie Pencil “Obvi” ($6)
Buy at COLOURPOP or ULTA.
3. Gerard Cosmetics Lip Pencil “Cher” ($16)
Buy at GERARDCOSMETICS*(Use code KATYXO to save 30% off your purchase at Gerard!)*
Mac Lip Liner Swatches
4. Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner “Nude” (8.99)
Buy at AMAZON or ULTA.
5. Barry M Lip Liner “17 Blush”
Buy at AMAZON.
True Fiction “LP05 Deep Nude” ($4)
Buy at TRUEFICTION*(Use code ALLINTHEBLUSH to save 10% off at True Fiction!)*
Sephora Lip Liner To Go “17 Light Brown” ($6)
Buy at SEPHORA or AMAZON.
NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner “Soft Spoken” ($4)
Buy at AMAZON or ULTA.
MAC’s ‘Whirl’ lipliner has been around for a while but once Kylie Jenner got her hands on it, there wasn’t a store that could keep it in stock. It is often on backorder so that is why I have decided to share my favorite dupe of this bestseller with all of you!
There are a few NYX lipliners similar to ‘Whirl’, but I found ‘Mauve’ to be the closest. Here are the details surrounding the two liners:
MAC ‘Whirl’ lipliner
- $16 (USD)
- Described by MAC as a “dirty rose”
- Available at ULTA
NYX ‘Mauve’ lipliner
- $3.50 (USD)
- Conveniently described as a “mauve”
- Available at ULTA and WALGREENS
Here is a close up of the two swatches:
As you can see from the swatches, the NYX ‘Mauve’ liner is a tad darker with cooler undertones and closer to a rose shade. I personally like how ‘Mauve’ looks here as compared with ‘Whirl’, but I am such a loyal MAC girl so this one is a toughie!
As I was swatching all of my lipliners, I found another NYX pencil to be quite similar to ‘Whirl’ as well, so here is a swatch of MAC “Whirl” vs. NYX “Natural” lipliner:
The Results: Overall, I think the huge difference in price is enough to go with the NYX “Mauve” lipliner. The quality of the NYX pencil was just as good as any MAC lipliner, so the only reason to choose ‘Whirl’ is for it’s brand name or if you like the slight difference in color more. Both pencils have a great texture, making them easy to apply. They also both have rich pigmentation so the color doesn’t just blend in with your natural lip color. I give an A+ to both!
What do you think about this dupe? Which lipliner do you like better? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 🙂